Pages

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Getting to know me portion!

Hmm.. My freaking long and winding whole name is Masahiko Jan Philippe T. Furukawa.. Yeah, I'm a Japanese and a Filipino as well..Talent is singing and my gift from God is cooking.. Loves traveling and music.. Loves Bamboo, Coldplay, John Mayer and The Beatles! I started blogging when I joined Pinoy Bloggers to gather blogger for an event at our office, and I wonder.. Why do they love blogging so much? After some encouragement from them.. A day after, I created a blog and here it is.. The "Food for Gods"!


Someone asked me from the Pinoy Blogger how did I started culinary life.. Hmmmm..I enrolled at Manila Doctors College to take nursing, I hate it. I don't know what course will I take for college at that time so my mom just let me take nursing because nursing is in demand that time. I stopped schooling when I reached 2nd sem and planned to go to Japan.  When I came back home to Japan on 2008.. My mom came with us and stayed there for 10 days, I was the eldest son, and I have to take care of my siblings. My dad goes to work too and come home late. This is the detailed story.. I opened the ref, grab a squid, marinated it in whatever that I don't remember and grilled it. Believe it or not, it taste so good.While eating, I thought, I love what I've done, I love cooking, I want to try it. Starting that day.. I am the one who cooks for my siblings lunch.. When I came back to Philippines, I talked to my mom if she would allow me to take Culinary Arts, she let me! I'm so happy that day! I took up short course just to test the waters of culinary if I would love it, and I realize while studying, this is my passion. One of the chef there ask us if we would want to take apprenticeship at his restaurant. From there, I learned so much that culinary schools can't. Actual cooking and it's atmosphere really helps me experience being in the food industry.. and that's it.. I'm a Junior Corp Chef now, and planning to go abroad to pursue my dreams..
Hoping for you guys to visit my blog often and drop a comment! Thanks! :)

5 comments:

pusangkalye said...

nice blog title. ....and as I said, its about time we have a food blogger who really understands food. I will follow this and hopefully, matutu na rin sa wakas ng ilang tricks sa kitchen.welcome to the blogosphere Jp!!!

Gene said...

Well based on your story you really have a talent for cooking. It's a good thing you weren't stuck in any profession that time that you were able to pursue what you really love. Looking forward to more of your cooking stories (and recipes perhaps).

Food for the Gods said...

Sure guys! I'll post some recipes here! When I have the chance to cook at home or here in our kitchen at office.. I'll post some..:)

Cielo said...

Been here from Pinoy Bloggers...continue to blog and inspire others...Post more goody goody foods and recipe.....I will surely be frequenting your site...

its me,
Cielo of Brown Pinay

Food for the Gods said...

Thanks Cielo! :)

Post a Comment